Thursday, June 16, 2011

Sweat-wicking my left foot!

So, our Lake Placid race shirts are tech shirts. They are nice!! I wore mine to the gym today.

30 minutes of weights (little core, chest and tris)
35 minutes on the elliptical.

This tech material - its supposed to be sweat wicking. Or that's what I hear. The concept is it pulls the sweat off your body and the material helps it evaporate quickly so that you stay dry.

Well, I am decidedly, the sweatiest person on.the.planet.

My poor lake placid shirt could not keep up. Have you ever... pulled your tech shirt out of the laundry mid rinse cycle and put it on? Because that's what it was like getting off the elliptical. I'll tell ya, sopping wet tech material is not any more comfortable to work out in than soaking wet cotton tees.

I'm sweaty, I deal with it. I wear it like a badge of honor. Makes me feel like I'm working out 80bajillion times harder than everyone else. I think it just makes everyone else uncomfortable.

Think what you want, sweat-less ones, I'm a half-marathoner! ;)

1 comment:

Jen Feeny said...

Love it! Own that sweaty look and wear it loud and proud!