Thursday, March 24, 2011

Three Things Thursday

I've never done a three things Thursday post before, but what the heck. I'll give it a shot.

1. Blog-inspiration. I could not fall asleep for the life of me last night. I was barely able to keep my eyes open during American Idol, but then when I went up stairs and laid down, I was wide awake. I ended up reading until about midnight. The alarm went off at 5am. It would have been soooo easy to just reset that alarm for 7 and go back to snoozing. But I'm training for my first half. I have read a bajillion runner blogs where these awesome athlete/bloggers write about how they *really* didn't want to get up/go out/run, but they did, and felt better for it after. So I channeled my blogosphere, and got my run in. I did feel better after, though slightly nauseous because I tried a new energy bar - no dice.

2. First race of 2011!!! This sunday is my first race of the year! I'm so excited. Its a shamrock shuffle 5 miler up in Glens Falls. It's supposed to be freezing (high of 34, yuck). But a bunch of friends are doing it, and I'm really looking forward to it. Yay! Then I'll get to do my first race recap post!

3. Are you an animal lover, in particularly a cat-lady, like me? Here's an article to bawl your eyes out to. Do not read at work. I made that mistake. Now I look like a hot mess.

No comments: