Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Floods and glaciers

This weekend's long run was not as awesome in real life as I'd imagined it being. I ended up opting to do it inside since it was supposed to pour. It did not pour, and the treadmill is torture on long runs. I so miss running outside. :(

Monday was supposed to be a cross train day, but when I woke up at 5am, Sunday's mid-40s snow melting weather had transformed into a giant ice/snow covered world. It would've been really pretty - if it was December. I'm so over winter. So yesterday got transformed into rest.

Today I did speed work. It was good, hard. Bumped up my last set of intervals to a bit faster pace. Rocked it.

In other news, our basement flooded. :( there was about 1.5 - 2 inches covering about a third of our basement. Lots of stuff was ruined. The maintenance dude basically said it happened because the ground was saturated and it'll probably happen again. Its supposed to rain and be warm all the rest of the week. UGH! I'm going to spend the better part of today flood proofing the basement. So not excited about this. I just want warm weather! dry ground! sunshine! and runs free of sidewalk glaciers!

Seems but a dream at this point............

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Go you, especially on the intervals! You're going to be a speed demon!