Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Case of the Invisible Neighbors

Today I did a 3.5 mile run. For like the last 10 days I got some wierd notion in my head that I "couldn't" run 2 days in a row. I'm not sure where that idea came from or why I thought it, but it's gone now. Silly brain. I started at a 10:54 mile pace and bumped it up every half mile. By 2.5miles I was running a 10 minute mile! WOO! I thought I'd just coast that out for a mile, but I was feeling really good! So, I did the last half mile at a 9:50 pace. I'm AWESOME. Natalie got to the gym as I'd just started this last half mile and I waved her over "look how fast I'm going!!!" She's such a good cheerleader! :) My left leg was a little sore after because I feel down the stairs yesterday (I fall down stairs with a certain amount of regularity) :( I think I'll survive.

SO, my roommate and I live in a townhouse style apartment. We have an end unit, which is nice, because we have more windows. A few months ago our drum-circle, onion-heavy-cooking, gospel-singing neighbors moved out. The apartment next door has been vacant ever since. The maintenance crew has been in and out, sprucing the place up. However, a week or two ago we noticed someone had put up blinds and curtains. Hmmm. Then we started hearing footsteps. And showers running. The bathroom and kitchen lights are often on after dark. Last week the porch light turned on and off. And yesterday, I did see a screen door opening, from the couch. haha. However, I've yet to see a person. This is doubly curious because Monday and Tuesday the roomie and I were both home randomly throughout the day dealing with the flooding basement.

Still no sighting.

No new cars in the lot.

No moving vans.

No moving stuff in.

No banging on the walls as if pictures or shelves were being hung.

No new people.

I'm letting my imagination run with it and assuming it's been transitioned into a mob safehouse. I'll keep you updated on potential shootouts CSI: Miami style. Maybe Heratio will show up with his bangin' sunglasses!! One can hope, right?




1 comment:

Natalie said...

My comment before didn't post! So:

GO JEN! and I'm pretty sure you ran a 9:49 mile there, not 9:50! That one second makes a difference! :)