Monday, May 16, 2011

Workin' on my Fitness

Today = way better than yesterday. I was really down in the dumps about my horrible non-long run/leg situation yesterday. But this morning, ah, this morning was so much better.

I really didn't want to get out of bed, though. Alarm went of at 5:15, I did not get up for an hour! I'm usually at the gym by 6:15 at the latest! I woke up like 3x to pee last night though (yay, hydration?). So, after an hour of semi-conscious super-weird dreams and snuggles with Dinah, I finally hauled my ass out of bed for my elliptical work out.

My left leg was a little tight upon waking. So I foam rolled before leaving for the gym. There's a knot in there folks, half way between my hip and my knee, and that sucker HURTS. But I foam rolled until I cried, and then I felt better :)

My elliptical workout was BALLIN' I know, i know, elliptical is actually *boring* but today I rocked it. First, I was able to maintain a fairly steady pace of 7.5 at level 7 for 50 minutes, which is like 800x better than the last time I did the elliptical (like 3 weeks ago, whoops, xtrain fail). I've thought a bit about posting my elliptical workout stats on here, because, let's be honest - i'm not in that great of shape. I'm not really  an athlete, I'm trying to become one. But, uh, hi - the whole point of this blog is to track my progress, right? And while I haven't been blogging since the first time I stepped on an elliptical however many years ago, I can guarantee you I was not banging out 6 miles in 50 minutes on that thing (yea, i know that's how fast some of you run, I WILL catch you one of these days).

After the workout I was feeling awesome - endorphins going, sweat dripping (like seriously, it looked like I jumped in a pool when I got off that thing. I don't know what it is about the elliptical that makes me sweat so much), and leg....looser? OMG! yay! maybe i've found the secret. I am going to make a more concerted effort to work in more cross training days. Especially if they are going to make my leg feel good! I'm sure my new shoes had something to do with it too. So i'm feeling more positive today. Let's just hope I feel this way after running.

One problem I realized today with this week's plan is - I have a bridal shower at noon on sunday. Can I wake up at 6 and get in my 11 miles and make it to the shower? I hope so. Otherwise I am going to have to do some re-tooling, and run long on saturday.

Here's to a better day than yesterday!! :)

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Awesome job J.Cole! :)