Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Why Today Rocked Socks Before 730am

Could it be because I ran 6 miles outside? um YES!!!!!!!!!

PHEW!

Honestly, I needed this run. It was NOT fast, but that's ok. My goal was to take it easy, and anytime the pace inched up I pulled myself back. I know I can run 6 miles faster than 1:10. However, if you've seen any of the posts for the last, um, 3 weeks, you will notice a trend of hip/leg/IT band pain that got so bad it sidelined my entire long run just a mere 3 days ago. Priorities involve racing in less than a month, not being a psycho during training.

Things that are awesome include: new running shoes, foam rollers, stretching, listening to your body, not wearing heels to work. All of these things, I believe, have put me back on track. Now, my running has been spotty ish since the pain started. So I've also been frustrated mentally, runs have been harder. but when I over do it and push myself, then the pain comes back. It's a never ending cycle of beating myself up.

Well, this week I decided to change it. Jump out of that ring and do what's right. I laid off the running monday and tuesday. Did a kick ass xtrain workout on monday (kinda looking forward to another one tomorrow, who is this girl?!), backed off yesterday (mostly bc i was in a super foul mood and (because I?) ate like crap :-[ not a real excuse, I'm aware) Today's medium long run was about not beating myself up. I took it SLOW so as to not upset my precious leg, and FINISHED it to get my stupid mind off my ass.

End result. SUCCESS - and compression socks and sneakers at work. tee hee. :)

Happy Hump Day, ya'll!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I knew you could do it! :)

Running Ricig said...

Definitely compression socks at work after an early morning run! Way to rock it!