Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Hot

It was yesterday, and is supposed to be again today, in the mid 80s here in upstate NY. And it is h.u.m.i.d.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for the warm weather after this miserable winter. However, I do not handle the transition to hot/humid well. Once it's here for a while, I will just maintain a state of sweaty discomfort. But the first few hot days of the year I am not good. Imagine having wicked bad PMS and taking too much nyquil (sorry males, I cannot think of another adequate comparison). Getting myself out of bed this morning was comparable to tearing up a sidewalk with a crowbar, alone. I was also dreaming about snow :-[


Today's workout was hill repeats. I picked a monster hill, down by the state capitol. I ran roughly a mile warm up, and did 3 repeats of the hill. Holy killer! That hill is BIG, and it was just so muggy out! But I did it! Next week, 4 repeats! i'm on it! 


Also - my garmin registered my "best pace" at 5:03. uh, yea right.


Yesterday I had a great 4 mile tempo run. Got that pace down to 10:05. Totally rocking those tempos. I was really glad to have a strong run yesterday after sunday's long run hell. 




In other good news - I won a giveaway! yay! Jess @ Blonde Ponytail was giving away BIC Bands and I won! I'm so excited to try it out. I never win things. Perhaps this stroke of luck will continue to finding a job?? :)

1 comment:

misszippy said...

I love having the hot weather back! But, yes, it takes some adjustment time, that's for sure. Give it a couple of weeks and you'll be good to go.