Saturday, February 12, 2011

they can't all be good ones

The first week of half marathon training was pretty inspiring. Until today. My runs during the week were excellent! strong, impressive, awesome. but today - ugh.

I woke up with a bit of a headache after going to sleep super late, and I was stuffy. I took some dayquil and had an english muffing and trudged off to the gym to (hopefully) run 5 miles. I did not run 5 miles. I squeezed out a measely 3.25 and I felt like crap the whole time. I had a pace of a 12:00 mile over all. ugh. last week I ran 4 miles at 11:06 and i felt invincible. grrrr

But, with sage advice from a wise friend, i remembered that not every run will be awesome. Sometimes it will suck. Some weeks you won't be able to get in all your miles, or scheduled runs, but it's ok.

So, I will buck up and get on with my day and tomorrow... tomorrow i'm going to run outside! the uptown campus is pretty clear of ice, so it'll be a good run I think! I'm looking forward to it :)

No comments: