Sunday, December 11, 2011

Holiday Baking Marathon

Generally, I’m not much into holiday baking. Not to say I don’t like holiday baked goods, I do. I’m just not usually the one baking. This year I decided to give it a whirl and I just spent my ENTIRE weekend baking scads of cookies.

My intent was to make an array of cookies and give them to co-workers for the holidays. I have 7 coworkers. I have 400 cookies. I hope they’re hungry.

I made 5 different kinds: Snickerdoodles, Chocolate Chip, White Chocolate Macadamia Nut, Peanut Butter Blossoms, and Chocolate Crinkles (you can find all the recipes at bettycrocker.com).

Literally, this took me all weekend. There was likely more flour on the counter and floor and my shirts than the bowls. I used EVERY SINGLE hand towel we own (we have an awful lot of hand towels, btw). I smashed up macadamia nuts with an empty wine bottle. I found dough in my hair on more than one occasion. My neck was apparently attacked by a chocolate vampire at one point in time. And, to top it off, I managed to stab myself in the upper leg/vagina area with a knife while trying to chop white chocolate – no blood thanks to my chain-mail-esque jeans.

So, I’m not betty crocker. I only burned one batch! AND, AND… the kitchen is clean!

I did some running, and I did a shit load of baking.

That’s my weekend. I’m going to throw all those towels in the wash, and go the heck to sleep.

No comments: