Saturday, February 18, 2012

Recovery Socks make everything better

Honestly. They are the key to life.

If you’re not using compression socks to recover from long runs, I contend that you are missing out on one of life’s great wonders. You slip those babies on and your legs are just all snuggled up in their tight, compression-y-ness. Perfection.

Today I did my first outdoor long run in a long time. You may be thinking to yourself: “why, Jen? it’s been such a mild winter in the northeast!”

Ya, I know. I’ve been having a love affair with the treadmill. Yes, I know races are outside, and the first two halves I’m doing are pretty dang hilly. But, seriously, back off. I heart the TM lately, and I really don’t want to upset her. She’s been so good to me! Oh, you didn’t know treadmills were girls?

Today’s 9 miler was pretty painful. Hills, cold air, having to rely solely on my legs to propel my body forward. Yea, it was rough. But, despite the fact that I was dragging ass and ended up going much slower than I hoped, I loved it. I just freaking loved it.

I considered it a strength building run. First one outside in a while, was bound to be a bit rough. But that sweet sunshine can really boost anyone’s spirits. Even if old dudes are buzzing by you on the sidewalk.

Happy weekend, all! get your runs in Smile

3 comments:

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

I completely agree! Compression is my friend!!!

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

Nice long run! No idea why it took me so long to invest in a pair of compression socks - love them!

Alyse said...

Sounds like a great run! Hopefully the treadmill isn't too jealous that you cheated on her ;)